Sunday, October 2, 2016

Pumpkin Harvest

We had a pretty good pumpkin/gourd harvest this year...Here are 19 big white ones...I had already given two of three of them away....I like these, they are really more of a cream color.

A couple heirloom ones, on the far left and far right...then various shades of orange..

some of the smaller white one....there are two that are pale green...they weren't ripe, but we picked them anyway since Richard was going to clean up the garden the next day.

Various smaller ones....

We ended up with around 25 of these...I had already give a few away before we took this picture...I like these too!
The morning after we picked all those he went over to clean up and found a few more..the green one in the front got too close to the weedeater! Ha!
Pretty happy with what we ended up with...plenty for us and plenty to share!
Oops..I about forgot these two! These are growing West of the freezer shed....I just threw seeds on some bare ground where a brush pile had been since I was done planting for the year....this one isn't quite ready yet, it is big, probably 20 inches high maybe?  

and I wasn't paying attention to this one and let it grow in between the cattle panels....will be a two person job to harvest it! Ha!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

we've been enjoying our pumpkins :)