Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Treasure Shelf

This little shadow box deal is hanging on our dining room wall...I got it from my maternal grandmother. On the top is the corsage I wore at Sarah's wedding...also on top is a black and white moth that I posted about some time ago. Most of the little glass animals I got at a place called Wilson's Baskets over at the Lake. I don't know if it's still in business or not, but I always liked going in there and picking out a little animal..The little birdnest made of an acorn came from the same grandma...The two little metal figures at the top came from my parents. The little bulldog in the lower left hand corner I found while planting daffodils in the yard of the Old Jail Museum. Some child long ago must have lost it and it finally worked it's way up through the soil. I enjoy this little collection of treasures....and it just occurred to me that I could have at least dusted the shelf before I took the picture! Ha!

No comments: