Sunday, March 10, 2013

Catching Up

I am finally getting around to catching up on here! Last week I went through the drawer of
my cedar chest that my parents got me for my high school graduation..A chest I really like!
As you can see, there is quite a variety of things stashed into the drawer....
There were several old coins in the little cedar box....Not sure the story behind any of the rest.
This is neat and will be brought upstairs and displayed in some way....I think another picture
is in order also, as this doesn't really show how neat it is..
The little green glass thing is an ashtray...it was part of a set of four..the rest are in a tote with 
my suncatchers and pretty glass things I put in the windows in the Winter...I have always liked
the little straw flower....and I saw a plate on Pinterest like the one with the gold/browns...
wooden cat....and the graduation tassels from both my high school and college graduations....yes, I 
never throw anything away! Ha!
Little gadget that holds perfume and then is heated with a candle to scent up a room...at the 
end of the chain is a tiny ladle..
Dog? made out of cockle burrs and painted...in the background are glass containers that Listerine
and Vaseline came in...And see the bug on the tail of the dog?? Hmm don't think that is supposed to
be there...eons ago this poor bug picked the wrong thing to crawl on! haha!

block of stamps
Birthday angel with broken wings....
This was in the dungeon...I plan on playing this with Tyler when he is ready for it.
Random animal candles I have come across in several different boxes...oh, and on the far right is
a little stuffed cat that I always called my wampus kitty....it is missing the little bead in it's eye now.
Sweet Tyler last week when he stayed with us and wasn't feeling good...
Crocus...taken today in our front yard.
And Daffodils.
Hyacinth.
the wet weather creek just North of the cabin....we got quite a bit of rain this morning and 
when we went to check the cabin late this afternoon, Richard took this picture....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to have you back! I was worried that you were sick and the only reason I knew you weren't was that Sarah said she took Tyler to her parents' for them to keep. I miss your entries! Luv U, K

Anonymous said...

I know..I have been slacking...I went to Jeff one day and then we had Tyler two days....that is my excuse! ha! Love you too!