Monday, March 25, 2013

Textiles

I started cleaning out the linen closet this morning...which led to digging around in the two large
totes in the garage that had sheets, towels, etc for the cabin....That is actually where this 
beach towel was...This was mine as a child...
Two towels sewed together to make a pillowcase...vintage 1970's
Sheets we got for our wedding...more proof I don't throw things away! Actually, they are
still in decent shape!
This is two sheets sewed together...I always really liked this pattern...soft pastel colors.
I think this is the only quilt my Grandma made...teeny tiny pieces. I believe the pattern is called
"flower garden"??
Detail of quilt.
This one I am going to take a better picture of tomorrow...I think it came from my Aunt Dixie when
she lived in Hawaii...It is so colorful!
Two afghans my Mom made, also very colorful!
Quilt I pieced when I was in my early twenties....it is huge. I hired someone to machine quilt it.
Quilt I bought at an auction.
Wedding ring quilt....belonged to my Grandparents, unsure of it's origin.
I think my Grandma bought this at a church auction maybe?  It is trimmed in red..
Chenille bedspread....I think this came from my aunt's mother-in-law?  The picture doesn't do it
justice as the snow was reflecting in the house and made it looked washed out. It is actually a soft
shade of yellow and I really like it. Will use it on the spare bed this Spring/Summer, as I have before.
Details of the chenille spread.

Have no idea where this came from. It appears it was perhaps a pillowcase at one time...
 
Vintage Fall tablecloth. hopefully I will remember where this is next Thanksgiving!
Four placemats I made as a 4-H or Home Ec project...Some of this fabric still looks familiar to me!
I have a couple other quilts but they are downstairs in a cedar chest, so will be a post for another day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure pulled some pretty and interesting items out of those linen closets today. Good job. You just have nooks and crannies all over the place with neat stuff -- again I say "You need to open a flea/antique market! K

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder if there is an end to it! Ha! I do think I would have enough to stock a booth for a while!

Sarah said...

Glad to see u updated : )

I remember a lot of those items!

yes, u never throw anything away, but then again it's kind of cool to have old stuff laying around like that :)