Thursday, March 20, 2014

Survey Helper

Last Tuesday afternoon I went out with Richard to "help" with a survey...Which meant I drove equipment from one place to another....I have no idea what this is.....Just struck me as funny because it looked like it was watching me! Haha...guess you had to be there!
Pretty colors!
I used my zoom to take  a picture of this....some deal he climbed up a hill and put in the woods..
Still watching me...
Down by the bridge now..
While he did the actual work I wondered around taking pictures....I guess this is remnants of the swinging bridge that was washed out in the late 90's? maybe 1998? anyway, didn't know any of this was still there.
Not a good picture, but this appears to be part of the wooden piece off the swinging bridge....must be tethered to something still, or it would have floated off by now...
On the upstream side of the bridge...lots of small trees bent over from the epic flood in early August..
After he didn't need my help anymore I went on home....he kept working and when he did come home he brought me this rock he had found in a creek...a heart shape in it! Awesome! He is so thoughtful and those of you that know me know what a rock-nut I am!
Took this picture this afternoon! The first day of Spring! Daffodils blooming behind the Old Jail....

7 comments:

Sarah said...

How nice of dad to bring u back that rock!


Love the pics of the swinging bridge! can't believe that's still there!

Dad's looks like a pro in that pic :)

the daffodils are so pretty!

Unknown said...

That rock is neat -- kind of like a mortar/pestle (sp) it's so smooth and hollowed out. Oh boy, daffodils -- we sure don't have them here--just barely peeping thru the ground. Bet it's another month or more. But it will come - nice day today. My neighbor does have crocus though.
I recognize the "John Deere" unique gate on your blog. Have seen it a lot going to Maries Farm antiques.

Sarah said...

Is the 'N' in the gate supposed to be backwards?! hmm..

Anonymous said...

Sarah...he will be impressed that he looked like a pro!

Karen...Our daffodils aren't blooming yet either..a couple may bloom in a day or two. I suppose the ones at the jail are a bit ahead since they are on the South side of that building and kind of protected....We just love going to Maries Hollow!

Anonymous said...

LOL on the N!!!!

Anonymous said...

So much liked the pictures of the swining bridge remains and memories it brought. I drove a school bus over it so many times - empty. Loaded, came back(west)by way of the Flat Top road and on to 42. The rock is special and there's one from the Snake River on my table right now. Your readers may not know that the daffodils came from the old Lena Weidinger house when they tore it down - your dad and I salvaged the flowers.

Unknown said...

Okay, Gail and Mozelle: Where is Fairview Cemetery? I looked in the cemetery book but was kind of puzzled. I'm thinking over in the area of Wheeler on a road maybe going into Dixon the back way...or is it on Hwy. 133? It's a big one! My cousin found an old military friend of ours buried there so we wondered where it is. K