Sunday, May 17, 2015

More Exploring

I did some more exploring the day I went to that old building.....This place was a going concern at one time....all grown up with trees and brush now....Sure remember the smell of the charcoal smoke back in the day!  
Sure remember being in this building long ago.....I can see the tracks my bicycle tires used to make in the charcoal dust.....later on the guy that ran the place let us come out and get raw charcoal....guess  now it's called lump charcoal or redneck charcoal...
It was strange being in there.....I saw no sign that people had been in there for years.....no trash, no vandalism, etc.
Parts of the roof have fallen in.
I guess this part has totally collapsed....I didn't go any farther than this....have to save something for next time, right?
I can almost see the cordwood cutters trucks and the semis hauling slabs going by!
I saved these buildings for another time also!  So strange to see it all grown up with brush.

No comments: