Sunday, December 11, 2016

Old Time Christmas

I went through some of my Christmas boxes a couple days ago to see what all was in them. I came across these ceramic ornaments....believe someone made them for my Mom once...

a festive Santa pin, the nose is supposed to light up...

various vintage things. I actually have several of those white bell looking things. They are made in part of sugar. can't believe they have not melted in the dungeon!

Some crafty things I made when I was a kid. I think some of these were 4-H projects....just sure the tin can lid wind chimes were from 4-H.  Can you imagine the uproar there would be now if you gave a bunch of kids sharp can lids to do crafts with?  We were told to be careful and I believe we were...there is a glittery Sycamore ball......the ornament on the left was made from egg carton parts....and the bottom middle ornament was made by using tiny pictures cut from Christmas Cards and pieced/glued together. I am thinking that must have taken a very long time to make! Ha!

These actually have a pretty sound when shaken against each other..

This was used by my Mom when she was Elem Sec. She would display it in the window of the office so the kids could see it from the hall. She said they really liked it and I bet they did. I am really liking it now, displayed on a little table by our dishwasher!


1 comment:

Connie said...

Love all your old ornaments. We have alot of my mother-in-law's. Brings back alot of memoroies.