Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yet another mess

I took some time today to move some small items out of the areas where the new floor will be. Wow...everything was so dusty! Should clean things as I move them and put them somewhere else for the time being....but no.......that would make too much sense! so now things are crammed and put places they don't belong and are covered with dust too! Sometimes I wonder why I don't take the time to do it right! I cleaned out one basket in the living room that is a catch-all.....let's see...in there were medical and other papers from 2008......travel brochures from 2009.....other assorted papers....a couple pieces of unopened mail...some papers from work from six months ago....several magazines....several recipes...well, you get the picture! At least the basket is empty for the time being! Bet it doesn't stay that way long!

After work today I went to a neighboring town to a lumber yard to pick out new baseboard since ours will have to be removed. Some of it is pretty scraped up and messed up so we are replacing it. They gave me a couple choices.....one that was nearly three times more expensive than the other one...I picked the cheaper one and amazingly I think it is exactly the same as the baseboard we put in the house when we built it 22 years ago.... the more things change the more they stay the same! lol

No comments: