Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's blooming?

Lots and lots of Columbine.....always blooms in connection to Prom....have quite a bit of this in our yards...naturalizes easily!
Sweet Gum tree leafing out...including little baby sweet gum balls!




Wild Geranium my childhood friend brought me from her yard last year....So excited that it bloomed!








Baby Pin Oak leaves




















Our Bleeding Hearts did so good this year!













Bought this last year at a nursery. Have one bunch growing on the east side of the house, and one bunch on the south side.














New purchase this year...planted on the east side of the house...Some kind of fancy Columbine.

















Some variety of honeysuckle bush, I think. Used to be one on each side of the Mae porch, but only the one on the west side is still alive. This bush is the absolute first thing we have to show green or leaf out every year.





















Planted this tree last year, the year our grandson was born. It's a Bald Cypress. located in the Mae yard.



















Close-up of a spirea bush in the Mae yard. When I was little I think I used these as flower bouquets for my dolls!

















That's it for the what is blooming tour for this week. Things sure seem to change fast this time of year!










No comments: