Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dungeon Days

I took this box out of the dungeon and looked forward to digging through it!  Looks like the tape has degraded quite a bit!


I kept coming across tissue/dishes covered with this dark liquid....What a mess!

The little pitcher was filled with something, and was sealed with wax.  The note that went with it was partly soaked.....


Luckily, after it dried somewhat I was able to hold it up to the light and read it anyway....It was in Madolyn's handwriting...this is what it said  "Cecil sent this to Mom about 1953. I think a salesman gave it to him at the store. It is filled with honey, but Mom would not allow it to be opened because she liked the wax and the way it spilled down the side. The wax has begun to deteriorate now from occasional dusting."



I took it upstairs and cleaned it up and finally realized it was seeping out of the tiny cracks old glass/pottery sometimes get, so I pried the wax off and cleaned it out.






pink glass thing....like!


See how that honey got all over things?  This bowl I think was made in Germany.


another serving dish....also in this box were several pieces of Lu-Ray dishes.



Never know what you are going to find in the dungeon!



No comments: