Thursday, November 15, 2012

Johnny W's Things-Part One

I have been in the dungeon again....this time I brought out a box of things
we acquired from the neighbor that lived across the road from us when I
was a child...
It is a rather small box, but had some interesting things in it...label off
of a lye container..
This paper had a full page ad on the back like this map here...looking for
new men to join the priesthood....
Lots of things from the twenties and thirties...well, every decade really.
I think old seed packets are really neat!
I am not sure I knew that this school ever existed.
I bet this was a fun time!
And this too!
Maries County Bank ad....not sure why it is upside down!
For men only! From the twenties..

This hair net package is pretty cool....made in France...and a check
signed by George McMinn...
I think the steam engine deal at Boonville still goes on....should try to find
that out!  Neat Sherwin-Williams envelope too....
Now the street guide is free...and not just for men! This one was from
the forties..
Little booklet detailing all the uses for baking soda.....
stay tuned for part two!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you should frame some of this stuff in a big poster frame and hang in the basement- that would look cool!

Anonymous said...

Not a bad idea! Maybe Dad's first retirement project! LOL