Thursday, February 7, 2013

Scrapbooks and a Yearbook

More dungeon mining.....I found a small box with these two scrapbooks along with an 
old yearbook from 1944
Cute puppies...both of these scrapbooks were my Mom's
Such pretty graphics!
There were quite a few pictures in both of these books....So interesting to look at!
There were a whole lot of Valentines..all pretty neat!
First day of school....some things don't change...I always took a picture on our 
daughters' first day of school also...
Valentine kitties!
Summer fun and Winter fun!
Birthday cards too!
This gum wrapper box says "Made in Japan" on it?!
I sure enjoyed looking at these two books....
The yearbook in the box was from Denison, Texas....since it was during World War II, there
were more patriotic things in there.....like this ad in the back....
The page dividers were also war-themed..
A couple other things I noticed about this book was that The Pledge of Allegiance was printed in it....without the "Under God" term...that was added later, in the 50's I think. Also the Superintendent and Principal both got a whole page devoted to them...as well as the "Most Popular Junior Girl" and Most Popular Sophomore Boy" etc all had whole pages devoted to them!  I bet that went to their heads! haha!

No comments: