Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Out Towards Hayden

We took a drive Sunday out towards Hayden....we started out on the Bell Chutes road 
and went on from there....I believe this is the Bell School....For sure has fallen into
disrepair..
We saw a few cool old barns..
Have spent some time here before...Clifty Creek...
The coons and rabbits better watch out!
Drove to this church...
These hogs were on the road we always called the VanDoren road....there were 
a lot of hogs in this area..should have gotten a better picture...
We had a nice time out enjoying the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh yes, I recognize most of what you have on today, Gail. Yes, the old Bell School where I spent many days (over 8 years but we consolidated in my 8th year in the late fall and went to the new Hayden Heights). Precious memories at the old Bell School where I was voted the "prettiest girl" at a pie supper but fell asleep before it was announced and didn't get to eat any of my chocolate covered cherries -- they were passed around and eaten while I slept in my dad's arms -- my claim to fame for being the prettiest girl...hahaha K

Anonymous said...

I thought you went to school there! I didn't know the roof was going on it..guess I haven't been by there in a long time....And on being voted "prettiest girl"....I don't doubt that a bit!!! And more importantly, You are beautiful on the inside too!Love you..

Anonymous said...

You're too kind -- but thanks for the compliment. Makes me feel good. You know, as structures go, that old building was pretty sound when we vacated it. Could have been made into a cabin (not far from Gasconade) or even a house for someone. But, you know, it seems like people just used to vacate places and let them fall down. Not sure what the psychology of that is...we still see barns and sheds and even some houses that could have been saved. There's one on Hwy. 28 going from Dixon to Ft. Wood, just past the turnoff from Jerome. Time has gone by and a tree is thru the porch roof. I sure always liked that old house but it's past saving now. Funny thing is that they keep the yard mowed in summer. Go figure. Bill always thought it was tied up in an estate. Love you back, K