Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tuesday

We went to the river Tuesday morning to look around....it was such a warm morning!
This is a stick near the campfire pit..
At the boat ramp looking downriver..
There was a turnip floating in the water! I thought that was pretty strange!
Molly fetching sticks...she is such a good dog!
We came home and had lunch, then a while later the storms came!
So I went to the dungeon and got out the last box from the area that I had been working in...
An old fishing bobber thing...the blue swan says it was Lola's...smallest pitcher says 
Juanita Mexico 1942 I think it was..
I am liking this pitcher a lot! I believe it was Juanita's.
Large pink depression glass bowl..and I think the clown was made by Grandma Alber..
Celery dish with pretty flowers.
Sugar and Creamer that belonged to my Great-Great Grandparents...
Will have to find a new area in the dungeon to "mine" now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ramona -- that may be one of my turnips! A guy gave us a 5-gal bucketful at Thanksgiving and oh my, we ate a lot of turnips but couldn't quite finish them all before they got bad -- I don't think Bill threw them in the MO River and not sure they would have made it to the Gasconade...kind of think that would have been impossible -- but it's a funny sight! Love it, Karen

Anonymous said...

It was a strange thing to see in the river! Richard thought maybe some giggers were using them for snacks? Eating them raw? I have never heard of that!