Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Album of Memories

Last weekend I came across this scrapbook in the dungeon and sure enjoyed looking at it. It is one
my Mom made when her and my Dad were dating, first married,etc..
Hmmm don't know why this picture is upside down!
Neat postcards...
They spent the first year of their marriage in Puerto Rico, where my Dad was in the Air Force.
the matches appear to be made of little rum bottles! How cute!
This is a diagram of their place in Puerto Rico...

After Puerto Rico they were stationed in Ohio, where their first child was born.
Card to my Mom by her Dad...I really should make a post just about this card!
There was a page of birth announcements from some of the people they knew while 
in the service.
Of course after the baby births, moving back to Missouri, etc...the entries in the scrapbook stop....As you
can imagine they were busy raising a family...there is a page that talks about how they moved back onto the hill....had two more children by the end of the 1950's, so the next two decades were pretty busy!

No comments: