Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dungeon Days

I knew this pretty bowl was in the dungeon....I even knew what box it was in! Haha! That's a first!
I have now unpacked it and left it out so we can enjoy it! The story of it is in another picture.
What I didn't know was that these items were inside the bowl! Three little necklaces, the tiny
ceramic bowl made into a hanging deal....the "heads I win, tails you lose" dog..and the little card.
Cute little card.....had a tiny envelope inside where a necklace was..
Story about the bowl.....My mom labeled a lot of things like this when she divided up her things.

Seems like every container has other "items" in it!
Design on the outside of the bowl...
Part of the contents....When I first saw that necklace, I thought those objects were skulls! haha!
Like other things I have gone through, it had some older items and then a couple items from when
our kids were growing up! The pink crocheted thing goes to something my Grandma Frieda made..
which will be the subject of another post...I thought the Traveling Grape Bonbons tin was interesting!
Close-up of the necklace...You can see they are elephants..not skulls! 

I think these are pin cushions?  and I am pretty sure that is Madolyn's handwriting...so....
These would have been made for Mom Henderson. I will have to get out my history book and look
up Bess Snodgrass..
Still have more dungeon pictures, so you can be looking forward to that...or not! haha!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I love that bowl.
My Mother-in-law used to label everything too. Wish I would have done that as I have already forgotten which antique dish came from who.
You could open up your own shop, you have so many interesting items.

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the bowl! I have been mining in the dungeon again today....two boxes+my Grandma's purse...I agree with you on the labeling of things....Things have more meaning when you know a little of the "history" of it!