Friday, October 24, 2014

Freaky Friday

A few days ago, I was cutting the tomatoes ties off the posts, to make it easier when Richard went to pull them up....about the fifth post I did I came across this spider......we are thinking it's a black widow...Here it is after we disturbed it....

Before that it was tending to it's egg nest thing...It was actually kind of tucked behind a tomato vine, right next to the post...
Probably a good thing it's a long time until I'll be picking fresh tomatoes again! Hopefully I will  forget about this by then! Ha!
Tuesday we started the process of closing the cabin.. One of the things I did was to take all the bedding off the beds.  I had picked up a pillow (that was under a comforter) and felt something inside the case...felt kind of like  a AA battery or something...sooo I turned the pillow upside down and out came what I thought at the time was a huge live lizard! About scared me to death! haha  It quickly scampered under the bed, so Richard  moved the bed and caught it and said it was actually a skink....We let him go and he took off too fast to get a picture...again, probably a good thing it's going to be a long time until someone sleeps in that bed!

No comments: