Friday, June 9, 2017

Green Glass

I worked in the Mae house again today....trying to organize and generally make things better in there...there have been two boxes sitting in the corner by the stairs for, well, for years I suppose. Today I decided to take them out onto the porch and open them up.  This post-it was on the smaller box.   I recognized my Aunt Dixie's handwriting...

and this was on the medium sized box....I remembered this canister set that my Grandma Frieda had, so I knew what was in the box then.

My aunt had packed everything so good! you could have shipped this box anywhere and no harm would have come to the contents!

a salt/pepper shaker..wrapped in bubble wrap, top secured by a rubber band, then wrapped in tissue

this is what was in the box marked "green glass" aren't they pretty?


I went ahead and unpacked the canister set too...this was the last  item in there..small and wrapped well..maybe a toothpick holder?

and here they are!  So pretty! and just as clean as the day they were packed up....
Thanks Dixie for packing them so good!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Those are beautiful, Gail. What a find!

Ramona said...

Thanks Connie! I had forgotten I had them!