Friday, August 23, 2013

Cabin Progress

Today's sunrise over Central Missouri....so pretty!
Mayhem...taken a few days ago..
Even the stairs to the river needed attention after the flood....
Richard cleared the debris off of them yesterday...will save mud removal
for another day...
While he was cutting the debris from the stairs, he saved me a section of
these twisted vines....I like stuff like that!
Where the potty house was....I miss it being there. He put up posts and flagging
to keep people from accidentally stepping/driving into it.
And the ruts....what a mess. There were a few times I thought we would get stuck.
and one time in particular..ok, maybe two times...that I thought we were going 
to slide right over the river bank. We looked last night and one time we were within
six or seven feet of the bank. Not a fan of that.
Notice the potty house gone.
Goodness....rope holding table high in the tree...we cut the tables down several
days ago..
BBQ grill, chairs,etc Where we had them in the woods so they wouldn't float off..
Well/ well house...lots of work to do here, but we were sooo excited that
Richard got the well pump going yesterday! So no more hauling water from town
to clean with! We celebrated last night by cleaning mud off the deck!
Probably 75% if the floor in the enclosed part of the cabin is pretty well done.  The screened porch is not done....all dried out, but plenty of mud to clean up. Lost two beds and probably the refrigerator, but of course it could have been worse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine the chaos, mess, and work that goes into flooding. I always wondered how you even get rid of mud. Seems like it would take mopping after mopping to finally see the floor. And, you will have to get a new fridge. Oh my. It makes me tired to see the devastation. My thoughts are with you two. K