Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mining the Cedar Chests

I did some digging in the cedar chests the other day.....looking to see
what baby clothes I had saved from when our girls were little..I came 
across this pillow,which I believe was from Grandma Frieda...Is that right, Dixie? Mom?
It has a burgundy back.
I used to keep these three velveteen type pillows on my bed when I was a girl..
A scrap of vintage fabric...very thin...perhaps was a curtain once?
This fabric is not quite this shade of orange..
Wow!
 I'm vintage! haha!
Red/white tablecloth...also the patch from when I was in FHA...it's called
something else now.
Quilt I used on Sarah's bed when she was little...It's more of a pale
yellow than the picture shows...The lighting in the basement is not
good for pictures, but I was too unmotivated to carry things up to
photograph!
Detail on the quilt...can't imagine the time that went into making this!
Quilt I used on Malinda's bed when she was little....is actually more lavender than
the picture shows..
Detail of a butterfly.
Maybe on one of these hot afternoons I can get back down there and finish my mining!

No comments: