Thursday, February 12, 2015

Twins

We found out between Thanksgiving and Christmas that our daughter and son-in-law are expecting twins! Every year when I get the Christmas things out I use these little china babies....Not sure where they came from, but my Mom gave them to me years ago....including two little pieces of lace and tiny baby beds for them made of a brass looking metal. The beds are in need of repair, but I still have all the pieces...and the two pieces of lace. I usually put these little babies under a mini-tree when I do the Christmas decorating, or sometimes with other little figurine things...and yes, these are not really holiday decor, but that is how I have used them.  When I got them out I thought about the twins and decided to leave them out when I stored the Christmas things away....I have them displayed here in the living room and think of the babies whenever I see them.  For the most part I thought the twins would be one boy/one girl. Didn't feel real strongly about it. When Sarah was carrying Emily, I was just sure from day one that it was a boy. Will never forget the phone call from Matt telling me it was a little girl!   As it turns out the twins are two boys, and that is fine! Truly does not matter and will just hope/pray for two healthy babies and a safe delivery....
Little Emily....isn't she just the sweetest? I may be biased! ha!
Sarah had a mini-reveal Tuesday evening....looks like Tyler is ready to get it done!
He is such a good boy...
Feel so blessed to have two healthy grandkids....and soon two more!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those little china babies are so sweet and so appropriate for you to keep them out awaiting twin grandbabies...like it was meant to be that you got the twins!!
We all wish for healthy babies and the gender makes absolutely no difference -- they are already much loved.....K.

Sarah said...

Love the pictures!