Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mae House Mania and a Dragonfly

Took a visit to the Mae House today....this is upstairs...You can see that at one time there was a flue fire and it looks like the place came close to being a torch! Hanging on the chimney is a couple metal looms like kids use to make hot pads and some metal embroidery hoops. If you peel away the wall covering there is/was a layer of newspaper, then cardboard, and various layers of wall paper.



Interesting old cardboard..am wondering when this place went out of business and how long this has been on the wall..




I am thinking I should put these to some sort of decorative use next Summer.





Back downstairs now in what used to be the living room.....I got this painting from my parents and have always liked it....perhaps it should be brought over to the "real" house?




Old door knob on bedroom upstairs



Retro platter/serving tray thing.....I should clean this up and take it to the cabin...might be fun out there! Pink light fixture deal....hmmm





My Mom told that when my Grandmother taught in a one room school one of the students had picked this up on his way to school and was swinging it around as he walked...She used it in flower arrangements..








Paint by number picture I suppose I did as a child...I have heard they are a little bit collectible now, so I guess it isn't total junk....also note a small part of our coke bottle and glass insulator supply!








Awesome dragonfly I found dead in our driveway Wednesday..


It's wings are so intricate.....


Was a nice day today....warm, breezy, and sunny...











No comments: