Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Old Cabin

When we closed up the cabins for the season on Sunday, I took a few pictures in the old cabin....here is a homemade sign...We called in Old Blue because when we bought it it was painted blue... Was purchased in Rolla on August 8, 1968

Note the old time phone number on the switch plate....also I am thinking that temperature is accurate..will check it out again next time I am in there.



Back in the day even the switch plates had decorative touches on them.





On the outside....right by the door





Piece of interesting wood my parents hung on it











pheasant decorating the wall inside..believe this once belonged to my grandparents in Nebraska


One of the light fixtures



I wish I would have taken a few more pictures.....maybe next time..........










4 comments:

Connie said...

That is so neat!! My Uncle Emmett and Aunt Lucy had a phone number that began with EM-something. I could remember it when I was a little girl. My Uncle Emmett used to tell me it started with EM because his name was Emmett. I believed him, until now. lol

Anonymous said...

Ha! He sounds like a character! lol Do you know if there is still a Tunes Service Station?

Connie said...

Yes there is. Tunes Service is on Highway 72 on the left past Salem Avenue. I think this is still the same location.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's been there a long time then! thanks!