Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cavatini Factory

That's what our house was this afternoon...used my Aunt's recipe for this....Only change I made was that I added mushrooms to mine......this is just the sauce...so, before added the cooked pasta I had to get the big stock pot!


Made one for dinner tonight and six to freeze! I figured we can have one every two weeks or so for the rest of the Winter! Yum! I served it with a nice salad and a breadstick.


Cavatini




2 lb hamburger


1 lb sausage


1 pkg pepperoni


1 onion, chopped


1 green pepper, chopped


2 32 oz jars of spaghetti sauce...I had 23 oz jars, so I used three of them, so I had a cup extra....


3 8 oz bags of medley pasta




Brown meat with pepper and onion. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Makes 2 9X13 pans......Top each pan with 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese melts. Freezes well.




Like I said, this makes a big amount, so use a big pan! Haha






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks good!!! It sure made a TON!!!

Anonymous said...

You may find one on your doorstep! haha