Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Holidays

A tour of some of our decorations...... this hand painted yard sign was painted and given to me by a dear friend from my childhood....I never knew she was this talented! Or if I did know it, I had forgotten!
Two Rudolphs made by my uncle in Nebraska....one on the left was used by my parents..I haven't lit them up in a few years, but they are wired so the bulb will come on.

Sign I bought at a craft shop that used to be in the town North of here...


Gift from my parents that came from the same shop......Wish they were still open, I really liked her work! I am going to replace the scarf as it's really faded. and the trim on the bird house was knocked off that one side and then when they cleaned up their mess they must have thrown it away :(


Wreath on the door leading into our garage...I believe my Mom made this wreath...and the door came from their house on the hill before they remodeled. It was the door that was there when I was a teenager and some Christmases they would hang this large (and loud) set of jingle bells on it...made it kind of hard to come in quiet late at night! haha


Wreath I purchased at an after-Christmas clearance sale a couple years ago.....have this hanging above the front table.....

This Santa is vintage, I guess. Poor guy has spent several Christmases in the dungeon because our daughters said he was freaky looking..well, he's upstairs now!





This one is for you two girls! LOL


We are enjoying the days leading up the Christmas here!










2 comments:

Connie said...

He does look he's been in a horror movie!! Freaky Santa Comes To Town!!
lol

(One of the perks of our kids not living at home is putting out our decorations that scared or embarrassed the throughout the years.......)

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

How true! Merry Christmas to you also, friend!