Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Persimmon Seeds

Here are four persimmons I picked up in the yard one day last week....I decided to check out the seeds to see what folklore would say the Winter weather would be like....
I squished out the seeds....
Then I let them dry a day....after that I got rid of the gooey messy part and peeled off the membrane type material from the seed.
Of the ten seeds I had, the first one kind of looked like a knife (meaning piercing cold)...but I did kind of mess it up getting it cut in half...anyway, the next six I did all looked like this...a spoon, meaning lots of snow to scoop!  I got distracted by something and never did go back and do the rest...
It was an interesting experiment...something I had always heard about, but never took the time to do...Now, we'll see if the persimmon seeds are right!

No comments: