Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Mae Woods

Earlier this week I walked down to the edge of the Mae Woods to pick up a couple five gallon buckets of walnuts....While I was down there Jack came out of the woods to see me....after a while he settled down in a sunny spot to watch me..
It would seem he is fairly well hidden by this brush....
Enjoying the afternoon..
After I got done with the walnuts...and after just laying on the ground and enjoying the day for a bit, I walked on down into the edges of the woods...The red leaves are on a huge Oak tree...Nearby is a couple of rock outcroppings....would be a neat place to play for a kid!
Jack hiding again....find him?
He is really hidden this time!
Part of an old sink....the oval area on top was the soap dish..
Pretty leaves and berries in the sun..
Hickory tree....It was just loaded with hickories...and the ground is just covered by the nuts and shells....
Big hickory nuts!
Molly was along for the adventure too, but didn't get in any pictures....It was a pleasant way to spend a bit of time on a pretty afternoon! I should do it more often!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love all the pictures! Your fall pictures are always so good!

You should do that more often!

Anonymous said...

Thanks...and yes, I should make a habit of getting out and exploring!