Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Ha Ha Tonka

We went over to Ha Ha Tonka on Sunday. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect for an outing...this is the Spring located in the park..

Water heading towards the Lake of the Ozarks.
Old Mill wheel.

Pretty scenery along the trail.

We saw a few of these,which I was not familiar with....I tried looking it up, and I think it may be the seeds of a Jack-in-the- Pulpit plant.

Looking up at part of the ruins.

The spring again....I think the sign says this is Missouri's 12th largest spring.

Lots of this near the spring. If I wasn't so unmotivated I would get up and get my wildflower book to see what this is....I am going to guess it's some sort of jewelweed.

Haha this was the end of the trail for me! No thanks!

Natural bridge on a different trail.


I saw this snag on our way back from the natural bridge...I thought it looked like a gator...use your imagination! ha!

Tiny fungi....about an inch high.
It was a pleasant day...We ate dinner at Outback (since I had never been there) Then headed home..stopped at Matt and Sarah's on the way home and had a short, but good visit with them and the grandkids!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

love all the pics! Such a pretty place!