Friday, January 27, 2012

Jewelry Box #2

This is the first item I took out of the box...a box cutter....My Grandparents owned a grocery store and I suppose this came from there...Notice how it says it's advertised in Playboy! haha good to know..





Not sure about these...some look like tools for ceramics and others maybe leatherworking...or woodworking??


Believe there were earrings to match the bracelet in the other box..then a crucifix....not sure on that because we aren't Catholic....some hair deals and a couple decorative things made on hair clips...








close up and far away of these....


You can see how my black background cloth aka my black shirt is starting to get dirty haha


More earrings....my Mom told me my Grandma always called earrings "earbobs" and said it was a Southern or Midland term for them...


This necklace was actually more purple than blue.....


I like the soft blue colors.And all the details....









There were alot of these deals in that box!


all types and colors...





Looks like this picture got on here twice...which means I missed a picture somewhere...



The one on the left was the only all metal piece in there...and it's marked Sarah Coventry






Green earrings


Then there was an envelope closed with a rubber band...


These must have been something nice.....

And are in need of repair.....



six cent stamp






And that's it on the jewelry for a while.....there is more around here...here and there from at least for now unknown sources....Someday I will get it all together in the same area.....When I got done my initial thought was to return all except the crystal beads back to the dungeon for another decade, then I decided I may try to display some of it....Will get on Pinterest and see if I can find some ideas...


I also have this upstairs...it's a bracelet with a Methodist symbol on it....I have a necklace with this on it too......somewhere....I hung this bracelet on the top of our stained glass lamp for now....


No comments: