Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bedroom Junk Drawers

You don't have junk drawers in your bedroom?  Well, I do (did)! Two of them! One of our dressers, which is a nice piece of furniture  has these two little drawers...I am not sure, but I think back in the day these were drawers that the ladies put their gloves in....anyway, they have just accumulated junk and stuff for YEARS!!!

They look so innocent!
Drawer number one....as it looked when I pulled it out......This is going to be....interesting??
a 25 cent stamp...two cards that came out of a Garfield Go Fish deck.....and ae repair kit...and one ticket to a Cardinal game....from 2004...check out the price of that ticket! Yikes!  I remember that game...these were     good seats!

an eraser with a pig on it that says "God Made Me Special"....some post-it notes cut in half....a couple campaign deal....an owners manual to a little radio that is in the dungeon...in pieces...
This is pretty cool...hopefully you can read the says that goes with it....wonder if I can start doing cool stuff like that with Tyler?  He'll probably remember me as the Granny that opened up boxes of crackers.....

And it goes on......barbie stuff....etc etc
Rocks.....parts of arrowheads and a piece of pottery it looks like....

Assorted coins....some old, some not.....
A coin from Cambridge Nebraska's Centennial.....
This is starting to remind me of an I Spy Book! haha
One of the original pulls off the dresser.....a china wheel.....a piece of wood Bill worked on to show me how he was going to repair a missing piece on our "front table"  which,by the way, he did an excellent job repairing and it still looks great!

A couple fuses...gold mesh bracelet with locket and pearl...an eraser....more misc. items...
It's like at an auction, when they have "items too numerous to mention"   
Awe....this was in the very bottom....isn't that sweet??
Come back later to view drawer #2  and to see how I solved? the junk drawer problem!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail -- enjoyed your assortment of dresser drawer contents -- I couldn't see how those little drawers could hold so much! Thought it was funny how you staged the contents...almost all our drawers are "junk drawers." K

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was stuffed pretty full! haha Sometimes I wonder why I had some of that stuffed safely stored in a drawer....like rocks! haha

Sarah said...

The card is so sweet! From Malinda or me you think?