Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sixty Years Ago

Yesterday I was fumbling around in the dungeon for just a bit, looking for something for Sarah.  I wasn't in there very long, but one thing I did come across was this scrap book.  It was the scrap book my Mom made about her and my Dad's wedding.....exactly sixty years ago today!
It included a copy of their invitations, newspaper clippings, and greeting cards.
the cards were so cute.....some had little cut-outs and most had really sweet verses.
One card had a little book for the Father of the Bride!
It was pretty neat to find this....especially the day before what would have been their 60th anniversary!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Gail, how neat of a find!!
I always admired your Mom and Dad, they always exuded their love just by seeing them together.
What a treasure!!

(I wonder if they still make cards like that for the Father of the Bride.....Dwayne might need one. lol)

Anonymous said...

I actually thought of Dwayne when I saw that little card/book for the father of the bride! lol and yes, my parents were so in love and devoted to each other....I thought it was really something that I came across this scrapbook on the day I did....what are the odds of that? lol thanks connie

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that scrapbook too. I think it's a "God thing" that you ran across that book the day before what would have been their 60th...one little card was the Hummel boy. Sweet cards then as compared to now. We have good cards now but those were of another innocent era or something I can't explain -- not showy, glitzy, clever -- just sweet. K.

Anonymous said...

K- Couldn't agree with you more...on all your observations!