Friday, May 24, 2013

Little Old Building

An abandoned little building...know where it is?
Looking inside the front door.
A forgotten office chair.
Not sure why this boulder is in front of the place?
On the South side...all the windows of course are broken out.
We went to mow the Poor Farm Graveyard last night and while he was finishing the weedeating, I took some pictures of the little office building....This is at the former charcoal kilns Southeast of town...which at one time was sure a going concern!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recognized the building, first picture. Don Brunnert used to work there - that was a while ago, though. You kids learned to ride bikes amid the log trucks going to the kiln.
Glad you still care about that little cemetery.
Love, Mom

Ramona said...

I'm impressed! And I do remember riding bikes dealing with the log trucks...It sure was a busy place at one time! Still remember the smell of that smoke too! And how we could get that raw charcoal...Richard's fave cooking material!

Sarah said...

I knew where that was from the first picture too :)

Need old building!

Anonymous said...

Ramona -- I knew too! I didn't until you had the picture of the office chair and then it clicked. My dad sure sold a lot of cordwood to that business...I guess you could say my living as a child was made possible from him cutting wood off Gene Harveill's place and selling it there. It's a hard way to make a living. Think I'll keep preaching. Sometimes cutting cordwood sounds pretty good to me...haha....K