Sunday, October 13, 2013

Saturday Afternoon in the Mae Woods

Richard went down to the Mae Woods Saturday to do stuff with firewood, so I went along to do a bit of exploring....this neat root would make a good seat for kids to play on!
Dry creekbed...with rock ledges..
This tree engulfed this steel cable...
The creek had other ideas for this cable crossing or whatever it was supposed to be.
Some of our walnut trees are really loaded!
The smell of these walnuts sure brought back memories from when I was a kid and we used to pick these up.....I remember too some kids at school having their fingers stained black from picking up walnuts...
A squirrel watching me watching him...Ha!
He is up high in this tree...if you look carefully you can see him!
seed pods..
Last time I was down there these were really blooming...they are almost "done" now...I looked up their name last year, but can't remember it right now....and I am too unmotivated to go get the book and look it up!
fungus on the seed pod tree..
Don't know the name of this one either...
Cockelbur sp? ripening..
Not sure what this tree was...It had a couple berries on it that had turned red...
Sunshine through the pretty leaves.
It was a nice day to be outside!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

love all the pics! I have many good memories from going to the 'bottom of the hill' as I called it :) .. neat place!

your pictures always turn out so good!

Anonymous said...

While I was down there I was thinking how much fun Tyler will have down there exploring when he is older...and thanks for liking the pictures!