Friday, January 3, 2014

Dungeon Mining

As I said earlier, I got to digging through a couple boxes yesterday while I was supposed to be putting Christmas stuff away....This stuff was all in the same box....First, this rug had a note on it that said it was made out of my Dad's baby clothes...
It had a couple of these things in there.....are these potholders?
Would be too pretty to use....but should be displayed so they can be enjoyed...
A picture of my Dad in some sort of all glass frame..
Pretty ladies hankies...love the sweet flowers and pretty edges...
Tablecloth marked "Juanita"  
Little dutch girl picking tulips
Half the box had paper-type stuff in it...this was in a pretty good sized little book about the local bowling alley/league in Jeff....This is a local team....the date on this was in the sixties I think..
Found several of these sweet little "programs" This was a little local group of women that (I think) got together and discussed plants,etc. They were quite organized and had minutes for their meetings and annual programs like this one. I found several of the minutes, but have not read them yet, but plan to. The flag on the mailbox has the year on it....1956
There was a stack of checks from the store...
Note the phone number!
This was made by my Great-Grandma Moseley according to the note with it.
According to the notes, these pillowcase sets were done by my Mom!
Note said it belonged to Juanita...very colorful!
Should have gotten a better picture of this....that is my shadow on the little dress, and the pattern doesn't really show very good....may try again later....This is a little dress that belonged to my Mom....
I still need to go through some of the papers/cards/etc that were in the box....One thing I did take the time to read was a letter written to my Dad from a friend about him losing his Mother....the letter also mentioned him "losing a child" she was talking about one of us getting married. I looked at the date of the letter and it was written on August 1 (his Mom died July 4)   August 1 was the day we got married!

3 comments:

Connie said...

I think those "pot holders" are double dimension doilies. I have some similar that belonged to Dwayne's Mom's.
I love the detailed pillow cases. Too bad we don't have them anymore. They were always so special.
Always enjoy looking at your dungeon finds.

Anonymous said...

lol I am glad you knew what those "potholders" were....I was hoping someone would know what they were! I agree with you on the pillowcases too! Glad you enjoy my dungeon finds!

Sarah said...

I love your dungeon posts! SO neat! And I had no clue that you had most of that stuff, lol