Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday in Osage County

We saw several neat old houses, barns, etc. on our drive Sunday...this is just one of them...love that old rock wall!
It also had this cool stone outbuilding 
A little ways down the road there was this old time all built on the side of a little bridge...pretty neat!
Rocks on a corner post!

We were also on 521 earlier...you can see this intersection was on a ridge!
I thought this was great! It was near somebody's welding shop...Santa in the sky! The sign below Santa I believe said Happy Holidays...Interesting sight! There was what appeared to be an old boat seat mounted up there too....
Looking at Santa from behind...
Now we are in Babbtown! I noticed on their church sign that their services are at 8 in the morning!
Heading into Meta..
Love the windmill at this house on the outskirts of Meta...reminds me of Nebraska!
Diamond Dog Food plant....I wasn't a fan of the smell....but I am thinking those that live here probably are used to it and don't even notice it.
Meta Elem. School...We have read quite a bit about this in the newspaper also....some controversy as to what to do with the building now that it isn't used as a school anymore...
Neat old bank...Next time I think I will get out and go peek in the windows!
I just thought this sign was funny....it was on a small auto repair shop...
We enjoyed our Sunday drive...took county roads most of the way back home.

No comments: