Thursday, February 13, 2014

Finishing Projects

Monday I finished the top shelf of the china cabinet in the dining room.....Here is Old King Cole! Note on the bottom says it's from we were little....so probably dates from the late 50's/early 60's. 
Coffee mug from West Germany
I suppose this is like a souvenir glass...has scenes from Missouri all around it.
Like these glasses....they belonged to my Nebraska grandparents. I have one each of three different sizes. There were lots of other things up there...items too numerous to mention! Ha!
Today I started on the two cabinet doors on the bottom.....There was a LOT of stuff down there! Love this little toy.....still works too! I think it was probably Pop's. It has earned a spot in the upper part of the china cabinet, and looking forward to the next time Tyler is here and I can show it to him!
Pony tails from both our girls...these were back in the deep corner! ha! Bet they will be soooo excited to come across them someday! ha!
Don't know anything about this bowl.....it is heavy..Mom? Dixie? Is it carnival glass or something?
Don't know what this is either....was tied to fishing line and has two little holes on each side...??
I think we had found this in the Mae house at one time....there sure was a lot of random items down there.....several sets of salt/peppers....votive candle holders....a videotape....remote to some probably long gone tv/vcr.....a white fire king bowl...other random dishes...I have some really nice serving pieces like relish trays....there were crayons....office supplies....mugs....etc....Now I need to go finish putting things away!
I have also been working on this puzzle for a few days.....finished it yesterday....1000 pieces and much harder than the last one I did...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Tyler will get a kick out of that thing!

Can't believe you finished that puzzle so fast!

Anonymous said...

I think he will like watching that toy! I am a puzzle maniac! ha!