Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Blast from the Past

This tray was a wedding gift to my parents from a friend in California......I think this may be the person I was named after?? says on the back of the tray....notice it was from California...where the girl was from......


this picture was a recent addition from my brother and his wife..I like it alot and think I will hang it at the cabin!






I saw this monkey in my china cabinet this morning and decided to take a closer look at it....took him out and put him on the dining room table to photograph him...then I noticed the turnkey deal (can't see that in the pic) and thought wow....I will wind him up and see if he still works...and he does! he plays the drums and moves kind of from side to side....awesome! Will have to show the girls and Tyler next time they are here....I imagine this belonged to my Mom's Dad, who was always known as Pop to us grandkids....I am thinking it was his because he enjoyed things like this.....



I took this ad out of an old National Geographic magazine..thought about framing it to hang....The appliances shown are just like the ones we had when we first got married....wonderful appliances that I truly miss...still have the dryer..and the washer and dishwasher just did a wonderful job!





Another beautiful day here.....

No comments: