Friday, February 24, 2012

Dungeon Days

I carried out this soda crate out of the dungeon the other day.....lots of assorted items!

A box that soap on a rope came in from Avon.....I am connecting this in my mind with Dixie, so am assuming it's something she gave to us....And for you people that don't know what a "Party Line" was.....I guess you can look that up!


The side of the box....





and the bottom..showing a date of 1982!



Various assorted trinkets.....



Yet another assortment of things......


Pendant watch that was in an envelope...postmarked 1970



What an odd assortment of things....



I bet this was quite a party....was the year of our bicentennial.....




This was actually in a different box....little girl's cat necklace from Avon




The soda crate is fixed up to used as a knick knack shelf and I will get that hung up and take a picture of that sometime!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many treasures! And isn't that the little buffalo I talked about? I kept pens in the green lace-look dish, and the silver jewelry box with red cloth was from Juanita. Told you about the belt made of the walnut slices and..is that soda crate like the one in the cabin? Don't know why I never wore the wooden bracelets but sure did the silver necklace with the blue stones, 3 are missing. Blessings to you for showing me the framed items on the gold velvet. My special things!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed! I thought that might be the buffalo you were talking about! I know the rest of those trinkets are here somewhere....will keep an eye out! Yes, that's a soda crate fixed up like the two at the cabin....Going to get this one hung up somewhere here...love you