Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dungeon Days-Austrian Tea Set

Last week while in the dungeon, I got out this carefully packed box.
Inside the box was this tea set, made in Austria. My Mom thought it
might have been a gift to my Grandmother from a student. I knew this was
down there, carefully packed away in a safe corner...that is where it has
been for about ten years. Back in 1988 our parents had us kids select a
list of 12 things we would like to have out of their house. Although this
set is very lovely, and probably worth some $, I kind of wonder what my
1988 self was thinking.....this isn't really my style of stuff...but I do like
it, and it is already being displayed in the "china cabinet" in the living room.
I have done a little research on this word...Kitzbuhel...but
really haven't found much out about it.
Same thing with the company that made it....Just haven't found
the right site yet I suppose.
Inside of the tea cup
Nice set!
Other than one cup that appears to have a hairline crack in it, all the
other pieces appear to be in mint condition.
It was fun to get this out and see it again after all those years!

No comments: