Friday, October 5, 2012

The Old and The New

I got this little cat at a gift shop on our trip...I was looking for a little
something for our daughters and found these cats....most were neon
colors with neat designs on them....that's what I bought for the kids...
So, I wonder why I got myself this plain colored one? I still like it though.Sarah bought us these two crosses at the Catholic Church
Dinner on Sunday......I  really like the simplicity of them..and their finish!
Must get them hung up!
This picture is for my Mom....some items I was telling her about the other day....the glass ashtray is pretty heavy..
The day before our trip I had been at a rummage sale at the town North of here...I knew the guy there was selling some of a family member's things,
but I didn't buy this and kind of regretted it later...so when we left town
on our trip we stopped so I could buy this if it was still there..It is a cute little
size, and thought I could do something decorative with it.
So yes, we hauled that all the way on our trip!
When I was buying that crock the guy running the sale said there was a cookie
jar over there that belonged to my Grandmother....sooooo even though it was
a whopping forty bucks, I felt like I should buy it...
Writing on the bottom....and Yes.......we hauled a forty dollar cookie
jar with us too!
These pictures are for my Mom to see also...on the back of this one it says
"Remember the gate we or you put up to Garden?" Just sure this is from the
homeplace up on the hill.

These other two had no writing on the back.
If there is a sentence on here underlined and in blue type, I have no idea why! haha!  Oh and now I see that dang cat is gone......hmm will put it on my next post.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love my cat! I had to put it up high so Tyler wouldn't play with it :)

Thanks again!