Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dungeon Days

Yesterday was a rainy day so I went downstairs to see what I could get into.......I moved a few things off the table so I could go get another box to sort through.....this box was labeled something about books on the top, but on the side said salt and pepper and misc. items. This may be interesting.........everything appears to be packed nicely......

Here is the contents all spread out...well, most of the contents anyway. My Kewpie doll was in there and was already moved to another location....Why yes, that one doll doesn't have any feet...she was used for a cake when I took a cake decorating class.....The Cuba High School basketball program was from 1970.............




First assortment..the license plate is made of metal.....which of course they are made of plastic now....the horses are metal...and broken? How did I break metal horses? The little dog is missing all it's paws, and it's ears....a huge safety pin, little lion, locket with a picture in it...huge nail pencil.....truly misc items!





Softball trophy from the Iberia Tourney...1975....graduation thing Uncle Kendall made me when I graduated from high school..cute deer thing....more misc items.....




A broken planter and more salt and peppers....tom turkey has been broken at some point, but I like them, will use at Thanksgiving next year! dark colored cats in the middle were made in Mexico...light blue ones made in Japan..





These are lableed on the bottom with stories.....




The ones with the lady painted on it (far right) is labeled Pauline Duffin (Hawkins) did these as young girl. Filled with meal. The one with the lady and man is labeled These shakers have never been opened in all these years.____ ? me painted inside






So naturally I opened them and they are painted on the inside of the lid also, which I will post later...after reading that last tag, I realized they are painted on the inside of the glass.....How hard would that have been? Wow!






The other two say this:



One of the far left:



To Juanita-



I like to think of Another Day



When you and I Again can Play



on Instruments not made with Hands



Eternal-In a Glory Land.






On the bottom it's labeled "Just can't quite remember " then I think it says Erma McDaniel or Maude G.






The last one has painted on it:



With Harps of Gold-Hymns of Love



Around the Great White Throne Above



We'll sing His Praise and never Cease



Where All is Love and Joy and Peace.






On the bottom of this one I think it says



Maude Gillispie



Hutchison



Mrs. Joey



or Erma Mc.____ ____












Wooden ones....the ones that look like mugs are labeled



and the smallest ones are labeled Tuscon Arizona..one is also labeled Little Rock Arkansas







Some of these had matches in that first box of salt and peppers I went through...all did except the taller owl and the round wooden one. The tall silver looking ones had a note with them written by Juanita which says: February 5, 1944 Mildred Turley, Sherman, Texas, Traffic Clerk for U.S. Engineers, brought me this set of salt and peppers. They date back to 1890 and I was proud to get them. She brought them on Pay-Day and we all are waiting for our checks. I have shown them to everyone in the office and also others out in the warehouse. Some time when I read this remember that Dessie came over when I was typing and that we talked about candy. She is one of the Twins and I don't think I shall ever forget them. They are to bring me sugar to make candy soon. This note is actually typed and not in her handwriting, but I am assuming she wrote it.












Souveniers from Meramec Caverns....








Deal from the store....Guess I could have cleaned this up before I took a picture of it!




Sweet little paper fan...vintage "love" patch....and some super cool "sandals" yes, the bigger loop would go around your ankle and then the little loop around your toe.....no doubt the ultimate of coolness and no doubt very uncomfortable! haha doubt I ever wore those!







Various eye glasses/cases. Should have cleaned these up first also...would be interesting to know who these belonged to!





Stay tuned later for my second box of the day!





No comments: