Thursday, March 8, 2012

Salt and Pepper

A while back I brought a box out of the dungeon that I pretty much knew it was full of salt and pepper shakers from my Missouri Grandparents. I made myself wait to dig through it until I had dealt with some other things down there. These were boxed in the box the potty chair came in when the kids were babies......and once I got to the bottom of the box there were the instructions and a helpful hint book about potty training. I guess I can't throw anything away! There was quite an assortment in there....most were made in Japan...

This group of items were made in Occupied Japan......





an interesting group of fish!







and Native Americans



This is my "food" category!


Southwest assortment...the cactus were made in Mexico






More!

















animal made of sea shells





Need to look up Maligne Canyon and see where that is.









More odds and ends of things that were in the box





My Grandfather worked on a dam in Texas



These metal ones said something on the bottom......need to get a better look at them and see what they said...Don't know what those other deals are?


A good portion of these I brought upstairs to display in various places......




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a treasure trove of items in those figurines from Occupied Japan and the S&P shakers! What fun you will have arranging them for display. Maybe I would totally retire if I had such a neat "dungeon" to sort thru! I'm afraid our dungeon has only boards, rusty nails, broken plastic flower pots, and real vintage junk...K

Anonymous said...

Too bad you aren't closer or you could "help" me in the dungeon! haha Now that would be an experience!

Connie said...

I think you could open your own museum or antique item shop. People would love looking though all of these items. Some things bring back memories of items in our family or past to most of us. Love looking at your items.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I for sure have enough...ok more than enough "stuff" for a flea market booth...lol glad you enjoy!